If you are unsure who your advisor is, please open your student account in PAWS and check the right-hand column under ADVISOR. If you have not been assigned a History Department faculty advisor, please contact Alexandria Converse at firstname.lastname@example.org or ext. 2341.
All students in the School of Culture and Society who are on academic probation (i.e., a cumulative grade point average below 2.0) or are first year transfer students will receive an Academic Advising hold that can only be lifted by your advisor. You will not be able to register for classes until the hold has been removed.
To remove the hold, you must schedule an appointment with your advisor prior to your enrollment appointment to discuss your schedule. After the meeting, your advisor will remove the hold for you.
Prior to Registering for the Next Semester
Students are required to meet with faculty advisors before registering. If you have an academic hold on your account, you will not be able to register for courses even during your enrollment appointment until it has been removed by your advisor.
Before meeting with your advisor, you should select several courses and add them to your shopping cart on PAWS. For the meeting, print and bring with you:
- Your updated program planner (if you attended TCNJ prior to Fall 2009)
- Your unofficial transcript from PAWS
- Your academic requirements as listed on PAWS
How do I print my unofficial transcript and academic requirements?
- Tutorial: Finding your official/unofficial transcript on PAWS
- Tutorial: Finding your academic requirements on PAWS
- Advising Guide: History Liberal Arts majors
- Advising Guide: History Secondary Ed. majors
- Advising Guide: History Secondary Ed. majors – Transfer Guide
- Department approved thematic fields
- Thematic Field Form
- History Liberal Arts
- History & Secondary Education
- History & Elementary Education
- History & Early Childhood Education
- History & Education of the Deaf & Hard of Hearing - 4 year sequence
- History & Education of the Deaf & Hard of Hearing – 5 year sequence
- History & Special Education
- History & Urban Elementary Education
- History / 7 Year Medical
- History Minor